5 Positive Reminders To Help Your Self-Esteem
Consider this a little reminder that you’re good enough, just the way you are.
Life can get hectic and stressful and we can go down a path that causes us to feel overwhelmed and negative. It’s easy to get derailed and start feeling off balance, to doubt yourself. I get it, it happens to me sometimes.
When it does, I try to focus on the following things and build myself up.
Here are 5 positive reminders to help your self-esteem:
- You’re Amazing – Whatever you’re dealing with and whatever you have going on in your life, remember that you’re amazing. Just the way you are. You’re special. You’re unique. You’re a blessing. It’s easy to forget this, especially if life hands you a dose of negativity, but always remember what a gift you are. There’s only one of you, so take care of yourself and treat yourself with kindness.
- You’re Enough – It’s easy to start feeling inadequate, especially when things aren’t going your way. I’m here to tell you that you’re enough. Just the way you are. Focus on your gifts, talents and strengths. We all have things we’re good at and things we aren’t so good at. Spend your time and energy doing what you love.
- Be Just The Way You Are – You don’t have to change who you are to please anyone else. If there are people in your life who don’t like who you are, guess what? They probably shouldn’t be in your life. Be the best version of yourself and make sure when you look in the mirror you like the person you see. You have to be honest with yourself. Let yourself grow and change and don’t hold yourself back.
Don’t change to please other people. Just be the best version of yourself.
- You’re Going To Be OK – Life can get hard, I get it. You have to tell yourself things are going to be OK. You have to get up each morning and say to yourself, “I can do this.” Whatever you’re facing, believing in yourself and building yourself up will have a significantly positive impact on your day. You are strong and you can face whatever challenges have been put in front of you. Tell yourself you can, and you will.
- Give yourself a break. Lighten up and relax. All you can do is your best. Sometimes, we try our best and we don’t get the outcome we want. When that happens, don’t put yourself down. When you give something your all, even if things don’t go the way you wanted them to go, feel proud of the honest effort you gave. Don’t feel badly about a setback. We’re all just doing the best we can at this thing called life.
When things go wrong, as they sometimes do in life, remind yourself of these things. You don’t have to be perfect. You don’t have to impress anyone. You don’t have to be good at everything. You just have to believe in yourself and push forward, one step at a time, one day at a time.
You’re special, you’re enough and you’re amazing, just the way you are.
Find meaning each day,
This article first appeared on the Huffington Post